Friday, July 1, 2011

 

Don't Worry Be Happy

The men on their way to Emmaus: “and it came to pass that as they conversed and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them, but their eyes were held from recognizing him.”

I wonder how often I walk through life and Jesus comes and walks with me but I am somehow prevented from recognizing him.

Lord, I would like to be more aware of when You are walking with me as I travel along through my day. I believe that the light of Your countenance shining upon me will bring me more of Your joy and peace. I’d like that, Lord.

Maybe there are better reasons to be aware of your walking with me than just feeling good. But then, how much of what we do every day has to do with feeling good? I feel good when I hug, make love, eat, take a hot shower, talk with family or friends, drink coffee, make money, succeed, exercise, look good. How many times in the past have I taken drugs or drank so I would feel good. I read a book to feel good. I go to a movie to feel good. I even go to the toilet to feel good. I buy a bed that feels good, and clothes that feel good. I even do kind deeds and then feel good afterwards.

So much of life has to do with feeling good, so why shouldn’t I desire to have more awareness of Your presence so I can sense Your countenance shining upon me so I can experience Your joy and peace? That’s a good thing.

Ps: “In Your presence is fullness of joy.” Deut: “You shall rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given to you and to your house.” Ecc: “Nothing is better than to rejoice”

Help me, Lord, walk in Your ways today so that I may notice You walking with me. If I am happy, joyful or filled with joy today, I’ll know it’s because of Your presence with me!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]