Thursday, October 7, 2010

 

The problem in the wilderness

Psalm 95.

The problem with those in the wilderness is that they "had seen My work" but they "do not know My ways" therefore they "err in their heart."

v.6 - let us worship, let us kneel, He is our God, He is our maker, we are His sheep, we are His people, So, today if you hear His voice, do not harden your heart, as your ancestors did.

As I think about it I have to admit that there are times, maybe even too many times, when I've been afraid of hearing Your voice, Lord. I've been afraid of what you'd say, or what You'd demand of me or take from me, or of how You'd disrupt or change my life, my routine.

I'd say I've been guilty of seeing Your works, but not knowing Your ways, for Your ways are all good for those who love and trust You. Forgive me Lord for judging Your plans, Your character, Your intentions, based on my own character or nature - for thinking You are like me, or even like my father.

All Your ways are good, righteous and filled with mercy and lovingkindness. Maybe I haven't heard Your voice more often because I haven't wanted to hear it, or maybe because You have known I'd balk at it.

I confess, even after realizing this and thinking about it, that I am a bit afraid of Your voice still. I ask that you would help me or enable me to see, perceive, trust your ways - not just Your works. Help me to want Your ways and not just Your works. Help me to not err in my heart!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]