Friday, July 16, 2010

 

The progress of the gospel

Phil 1:12
My circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel.

I'm sure that if Paul could have chosen from a menu of life options he wouldn't have chosen imprisonment, yet he saw in his circumstances the benefit: the furtherance of the gospel of Christ. He could have thought of all they ways in which his imprisonment worked against his gospel ministry. But instead he was able to see what God was doing in the midst of it all.

I pray, Lord, that you would help me see in whatever trouble comes my way, the opportunities for the furtherance of the gospel. Help me see what You have engineered as an opportunity in the midst of trouble. Help me see my circumstances from Your perspective.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]