Thursday, July 22, 2010

 

Follow your heart?

Pr 28:26
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool

Don't follow your heart, lead it.

That little plaque that says "home is where your heart is" always seems misleading to me. The statement is certainly not true for the unfaithful man or woman. In their case home is where their heart should be.

We've heard so much "follow your heart." That may be okay advice when it comes to a career or an educational direction, but not when it comes to life - for the heart is more deceitful than all else and is disparately sick; who can understand it? (Jeremiah 16:9) Do I want that to lead me in the issues of life? Not especially.

Now, my new heart, the heart created by the presence of Christ in my life is much better - perfect in fact. But because sometimes the inclinations I feel are hard to interpret, so that I have a hard time knowing which is inclining me to do one thing or another, I have to lead my heart, not follow it.

Lord, today, lead my heart toward You and do not allow it to be led astray.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]