Thursday, June 24, 2010

 

Why am I in trouble?

Exodus 14

God specifically designed a hopeless situation so that His great power and salvation could be seen.

Not only did He purposely lead His people into an area where there was no way out, He had them go back and forth to tease Pharaoh - so that Pharaoh would come after them.

When Pharaoh showed up, God had His people in such a corner that the only solution possible, other than defeat, was a miracle wrought by the hand of God.

The point today is that God did not do this just so that the Israelites, His people, would know that He is the Lord, He did it so that the heathen Egyptians would know!

Ex 14:18: "Then the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD, when I am honored through Pharaoh, through his chariots and his horsemen."

After this great salvation, Israel did fear the Lord and believe in the Lord and Moses. (Ex 14:31: When Israel saw the great power which the LORD had used against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD, and they believed in the LORD and in His servant Moses.) But I see that before it ever happened, God told Moses that the purpose was a testimony to the Egyptians!

Lord, help me be honest enough with my neighbors and my non-believing friends that they will see the salvation you deliver to me day after day, that they may know that You are the LORD.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]