Wednesday, June 30, 2010

 

Ahh, now I'm safe

Proverbs 10:15 "The rich man's wealth is his fortress."

Lord, that surely is true, but I pray it is not true for all wealth/wealthy. On a global scale I know I am very wealthy. I also pray that You would always be my fortress.

Certainly a bit of wealth does give me freedom from concerns, worries & stress. It certainly could give a person a freedom that they would not have otherwise, but I pray it would never give me a sense of freedom from You. I pray that You would always be my fortress until my last breath.

I think of Lynda's Dad and what a testimony his trust in You is to all who would observe. May I never look at my wealth (such as it is ... or such as it could be) and say "Ahh, now I'm safe!" For I know how stupid and foolish that would be. Rather, may I always look to You and say "Ahh, now I'm safe!" Dead or alive - safe in the Jesus' hands.

A little PS:
v. 16
The wages of the righteous is life;
The income of the wicked, punishment.

Wow, that's something to think about - that money can be a reward (life) or a punishment (trouble that goes with it). Help me, once again, to choose life.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]