Thursday, May 20, 2010

 

To his own master he stands or falls ...

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls ... and stand he will."

I guess I never through of myself as being very judgmental. Maybe I even prided myself in just plain not being judgmental.

Until yesterday, when I said what I thought and it was clearly a judgment of another's character and motives. I was busted. Since then the Lord has been showing me how I have been judging the motives of others, and how I have been anticipating their actions/words based on what I have judged their character and motives to be. The result? I interpret the results the way I anticipated.

What God has shown me is that their actual motives will judge me in the end. Jesus said this when He told the Pharisees "Moses shall judge you" and "your sons will judge you," or when He told the people of His generation "the men of Nineveh shall judge this generation" or "the queen of the south will judge you.

Lord, forgive me for reading into the motives of others. Help me to have discernment and wisdom as I deal with others, without judging their motives or character.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]