Friday, May 7, 2010

 

Good Grief?

Psalm 119:67
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Thy word.

This sends me back to thoughts of a few weeks ago - that the devil heard God say that if we eat of the fruit we will be like God, knowing good and evil.

I believe that was God's design - for us to know good and evil ... and to choose good. The devil, as usual, twisted it into something perverted.

Jesus learned obedience through suffering. Why wouldn't we? We are made in God's image. I have become convinced that God wants to populate heaven with humans who, knowing good and evil, have chosen good. I believe that when we are transported into glory that we will be confirmed in that choice - being like God, understanding good and evil, and choosing Good. Like the hymn: O that will be, glory for me.

The Psalmist repeats his idea again in 119:71 where he says "It was good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Thy statutes."

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]