Wednesday, March 3, 2010

 

Lord, please make it brief

2 Chronicles
I really like 2 Chron because it's Israel's history written from God's perspective. His working in the ongoing history of israel is very evident in this book. The beginnign of kings forsaking, being troubled, seeking, turning, finding. So often I seek like in 10:15 "for it was a turn of events from God." It's obvious that I need that sometimes - a turn of events from God.

In chapter 15 we see the people seeking God, and even covenanting to seek Him with all their hearts "and He let them find Him.

It's all part of the process God was trying to accomplish then, and still now - when He caused them to be subject to Egypt (12:8) "so that they might learn the difference between My service and the service of the kingdoms of the coutries." Lord, if I or my family have to become slaves to something to learn this lesson, please in Your mercy, make it brief.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]