Wednesday, November 25, 2009

 

Who can live with a consuming fire?

Isaiah 33:14-16
Incredible verses. He begins with what appears to be rhetorical questions, the answer to which you would think to be "no one."

"No one" seems to be the right answer to: who among us can live with a consuming fire? Who among us can live with continual burning? After all, our God is a consuming fire! Hebrews 12:29.

Yet there is a positive response. There are men who can live with these!

He who:
Walks righteously, speaks with sincerity, rejects unjust gain, takes no bribe, stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking at evil.

What will happen to such men?
1. They will dwell on the heights.
2. They will have the impregnable rock as a refuge.
3. They will have their bread given to them
4. They will find their water to be pure.

Lord, help me be such a man. Help me be careful of how I walk, of how I conduct my business, of what I listen to and what I watch.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]