Wednesday, September 2, 2009

 

He could bear their misery no longer

The feelings of misery teach me so much more than the feelings of victory. The feelings of misery go so much deeper than the feelings victory and penetrate to the very core of who I am, so that the lessons of misery and the transformations of misery are long lasting and far reaching.

Judges says of the LORD "He could bear their misery no longer."

I am so thankful that God is in the midst of misery with us. That he bears it with us as long as He can stand it, and particularly as long as we can benefit from it.

But when He (and we) can bear it no longer, His heart of compassion can wait no longer and He flies to our side to bring deliverance.

I am reminded of my friend, Paul, who at the age of 85 said "I am thankful for suffering. The heart that hasn't suffered can't truly sing."

Thank You, God, for misery and for the deliverance from it. Who else do we have but Thee who can care for us and who is so mighty to deliver? None.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]