Wednesday, August 26, 2009

 

Lord, bless the house of Thy servant

2 Samuel 7:28,29

Several years ago it seemed that God was telling me, through some verses in Genesis, that He would grant a request today for my family.

After Abraham "sacrificed" Isaac, God told him "because you have not withheld you son I will make you a great nation..." I felt that He was telling me that because I had not withheld my son, Josiah, from Him; I had never been angry at Him or held Him responsible, nor blamed Him for allowing Josiah to die, that he would grant my request for my family. So my prayer was that there would always be 3, yea 4 of my descendants who walk with Him throughout every generation until He returns to Earth.

That is still my prayer. Still my hope. Still my expectation. That answered prayer would, without question, be the greatest blessing, the greatest answer to prayer You could give me, LORD.

So yesterday I read a prayer that seems quite suited to me:
"And now, O LORD God, Thou art God, and Thy words are truth, and Thou hast promised this good thing to Thy servant. Now therefore, may it please Thee to bless the house of Thy servant, that it may continue forever before Thee. For Thou, O LORD God, hast spoken, and with Thy blessing may the house of Thy servant be blessed forever."

I don't ask for wealth, or riches, or fame, or any kind of greatness. I could leave Earth today a happy man knowing that this prayer is answered in my family.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]