Monday, June 8, 2009

 

Jesus wants to save all of me.

Mt. 6:33

Day after day I carry my load. I don't mind too much, or I'd do something about it. But I'm used to carrying it. Most days I don't think it's too bad.

Then one day You added something to my load and suddenly it became way too heavy for me to carry. I turned to Jesus to take that added item off my load.

Frankly, Lord I only wanted help with the thing that was making life miserable. I never realized You wanted to show me how to lighten the whole. What I didn't know at the time was that You wanted to save all of me.

"Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Lord, I am so grateful that You are not in the band aid business, but in the business of redemption. You're amazing the way You take the one thing I give to you and use it as leverage to grant me LIFE instead of existence. Thank You that Your burden is light.

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]